Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Owl Stencil Pillow!



For a long time, I have been planning to make a pillow for my Adirondack chairs that sit on our front porch.  Finally, I can cross this project off my "to do" list. Check.




The chairs are white, so I chose black fabric paint because I think it will stand out!  I used the owl stencil and paint I purchased for a previous project.  (Click here to see "Painted Owl Towels")


 The pillows came with my sofa.  They look nice but I don't like the "matchy" look.  The pillows have been stored in my closet and I am happy to find a new home for them. The fabric was from a project I worked on a long, long, long time ago.  Isn't it nice to use up leftover craft supplies!




The more I blog, the more I realize how easy it is to come up with decorative projects for your home that cost little to nothing.  I have also, learned that you do not have to have a craft room filled with craft supplies in order to make projects that you like.  Reading other people's blogs, has inspired me to be more resourceful when finding supplies for projects!  Thank you, for sharing your great ideas!



I'd love it if you followed my blog.  You can follow me on Facebook, Blog Lovin, or by Email!  


9 comments:

  1. So cute! And it's cool that you were able to reuse the stencil and paint from another project to make these! It's so true about using what you have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I checked out your blog yesterday. It is a small/big world! Rhonda

      Delete
  2. I love the owl--super cute! Thanks for sharing it on Twirl & Take a Bow! :)

    - Brooke -

    ReplyDelete
  3. Owls hold a special place in my heart :). Super cute pillow, Rhonda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute pillow! And it looks so cute with the Happy Holidays sign behind it. I'm featuring this at my link party tonight and pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute idea! I will be making this for my house. Thanks for sharing!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely. I'm always a big fan of anything owl and this pillow turned out very cute. I think I might have to try out this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your owl pillows are so cute. My daughter is using an owl theme in her nursery and wants me to do some bedding. So you have given me some great inspiration. Have a Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this project so much! Its being featured tomorrow on the TWIRL and TAKE A BOW link party!
    Be sure to come over and grab a button!
    Thanks for linking up! I can't wait to see what you do this week!
    Hugs
    Karin
    http://arttisbeauty.blogspot.com/2013/12/twirl-and-take-bow-link-party-and_17.html

    ReplyDelete